I bought myself a book for Christmas, 50 Hikes in Orange County, so a couple of friends and I have decided to try to do all 50. It will take a while and I will need to be in a lot better shape to tackle the 16 mile hikes.
The first hike was Coyote Canyon Loop out in Santa Margarita. We had a little trouble following all the directions, but we found a trail that lead us up the the main vista. So we missed the Coyote part of the trail, but we found some other routes.
The first hike was Coyote Canyon Loop out in Santa Margarita. We had a little trouble following all the directions, but we found a trail that lead us up the the main vista. So we missed the Coyote part of the trail, but we found some other routes.
We did find a pretty canopy of trees on the road we were walking up. We aren't sure if this is part of the trail, but it was pretty.
Maybe not the prettiest stuff you have ever seen.
The view of the mountains
The three of us at the top of the hill
The other side
It was a beautiful January day, but maybe a little smoggy. We could see all over Orange County, but I do realize it wasn't the prettiest hike in the book hopefully. I also know according to the book it isn't the ugliest. So it should be great to do 50 hikes, but at the end I should be in super good shape.
Here's an idea: buy a book like that for Utah and move back here. I'll go on all 50 with ya!
ReplyDelete