I finally made it to Utah this year. Utah and I parted ways last summer and I haven't been back to visit. I always meant to make it to Utah during the school year, during spring break or one of my long weekends, but I never made it. I think part of the problem was that I had so many people I wanted to see I just figure if I never went then everyone is equally missing me.
My one request was to be in Utah for Pioneer Day, so after driving 12 hours or so I made it with 2 hours before July 24th would officially start.
Side note: After driving across the 80 and then the 15 within almost a week of each other, I am way better at multitasking while driving on the 80 cause no one else is on it and it is really straight and boring. There are some really awful drivers on the 15 coming back from Nevada. I have to pay way more attention while I drive.
With nothing really planned for Pioneer Day, Anna and I drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon and walked around Silver Lake.
We thought of the most "pioneer" place we could eat, and came up with Ruth's Diner in Emigration Canyon.
It was great to see all these girls after so long. After dinner we headed to the white trash/ethnic part of town, the Sonic on State Street, and watched a few fireworks, but gave up before the Bee's finished their game at near 11pm.
It was a great holiday lazy day. I just really love that they have a Second 4th of July.
No comments:
Post a Comment