On Saturday, I did my first rough water race in about 12 years or more. I haven't been training much, we swim about 3 times a month. Not a lot at all, but I decided that was more than enough to embark on a 2 mile race. I did finish it and I didn't die. The water was about 64 degrees, so it kept things cold. I think I got 116 place overall. Most of the swimmers were members of Masters. I helped register people, so I could see where they all swam. There were like 250 swimmers all together so I was just in the middle of them all.
Another fellow Beachwalk Otter swam it with me. This was his third time doing it and he only beat me by 3 mins. I feel good about that. I am really proud of myself though. I do realize if I want to ever swim Alcatraz, I should probably join a real swim team. So I might practice a little more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment