Monday, November 21, 2011

This weekend I fully embraced that I live in the Orange County/LA region. I had an exhausting weekend of fun. Good thing I have the whole week off to recover.  


It started with my first trip to Disneyland since I am moved back.  Disneyland is decorated for Christmas and even though we didn't go on Its a Small World to see all the decorations the castle was amazing. 


I got my Disneyland pass to join the rest of my ward in going what seems like every Friday night.   It is the cheapest pass so I won't be able to go on any Saturdays or like all summer, but I have heard I don't want to go then anyways cause it is so crowded and no one else will be able to go with me.  


Saturday started with a beautiful bike ride in Newport on the back bay and then was followed by a trip up to the Getty.  I have been to the Getty with my parents years ago, so it was nice to go back as an adult.  I will say we did have some interesting pictures towards the end.  Museums are exhausting.  



 The sun setting 
 It took a lot of work from strangers and friends to get me in the same position as the statue. 
 Almost all of us here, (left to right) Stephanie, Miriam, Emily, and Miriem (we almost have the same name, that deserves its own blog post)
 The Gardens

Super tired in the museum, we were getting weird.

We finished up at the Getty and had some amazing hamburgers at some place in Studio City then headed over to Pasadena for a mid-singles activity.  That was nothing to take pictures at.  And by the time we got there we were exhausted our ability to make conversation with strangers was extremely impaired. So like usual I only talked to the people I already knew.  It is a good thing we all drove an hour away from our house to hang out all together. 

It was a great weekend and now I am ready for a great week ahead of food and playing. 

1 comment: