Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Part 2- Of driving up the 1

Continuing on our trip up the coast.

We made a quick stop at Morro Bay to look at the giant volcanic rock that is in the middle of the bay.  We even drove over to it because I made a wrong turn.  It is pretty there, but not much to do besides look at it.  


And I am posing with my Diet Coke


The next part of the trip has the beautiful Big Sur area.  



It is so pretty isn't it?  The pictures just don't do it justice. 

This waterfall is one of my favorite ever. Its on the beach.  Too bad we can't get closer to it, but we obeyed the rules.  

We stopped to take pictures on Bixby Bridge, in the middle there are benches.  Who would of known.  The rest of the bridge pictures are on someone else's camera, so I can't show you those yet.  


Day 3:

We made it up to Santa Cruz, but we were too late for the Mystery Spot. So that mean I have to go back to the Mystery Spot and visit Santa Cruz again. I loved Santa Cruz because it is on the ocean and there is a state park with big trees less than 10 mins away.  So we did a hike in the trees.

I just really wanted to hug a tree


Take a nice break on a bench

We headed back down the coast to go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I remember going when I was much younger, but it was nice to relive it again.  I will have to say that after going to the Long Beach Aquarium, in February, I didn't see a huge amount of difference.  Monterey won with the jelly fish and some of their big tanks, but Long Beach won on the Sea Otters.  




The jelly fish were really cool and there were so many different kinds of jellyfish.  After the aquarium, we headed back down the freeway making it a 6 hr drive home.  I always like trying to beat how long the gps tells us it will take.  I shaved 40 mins off the time they told us.  That is including bathroom breaks, gas and dinner.  Think how much faster it would be in I didn't have to pee all the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment